Recipe - Slimming World Chicken Katsu Curry (Wagamama)

I truly believe that there is no dish in this world that you cannot make a Slimming World version of. Sometimes it's about capturing the right flavour combinations while other times the focus is more on textures. Using low fat healthy ingredients is a good place to start and the end goal is something super delicious and as close to the real thing as possible.

It doesn't always work out perfectly. For example, I love this Slimming World White Chocolate And Raspberry Cheesecake but would I prefer the real thing? Of course I would! It does the job very well though and is a great substitute. 

The recipe below is in a league of it's own though. Sometimes a beautiful thing happens in this life and a Slimming World meal is almost better than the real dish it is striving to emulate. This is exactly what happened here. 

At first I didn't really see what all the fuss was about when people declared their love for Wagamama's Chicken Katsu Curry. I was a noodle girl and I just didn't really get it. Sure wasn't it only a normal curry sauce you could get in any Chinese take away? Served with some rice, salad and fried chicken? A bit weird if you ask me. Tasty yes but not something I would be willing to order. 

That was until I did. This dish just has something. I think it's the myriad of different textures. Crispy chicken, silky smooth sauce, fluffy rice and cool crisp salad. It just works. It's full of flavour and just totally hits the spot. 

When The Naked Meat Company started making high fibre breaded chicken Marylands I immediately started to get recipe inspiration. I was always a huge fan of the Mayflower Curry Sauce (which they also stock) and one day it just came to me. Why couldn't I make my own version of the Wagamama Chicken Katsu Curry using these two products?

So I did. It was a roaring success and I genuinely feel excited about how well it turned out. I love when a little idea turns in to reality. 

I am really close to getting my 3.5 stone award at Slimming World and I truly believe that it is adaptions and recipes like these that have made this plan long term live able for me. 

Recipe

Serves 2
You Will Need

- One Packet Of High-Fibre Breaded Chicken Maryland From The Naked Meat Company (HexB)
- 55g Of Mayflower Curry sauce (8 syns so 4 syns per person. 28g is 4 syns)
   I personally prefer the medium one as the hot version is a little too spicy for my taste. 
- Boiled Basmati Rice
- Salad Of Your Choice 

Method

1. Lightly fry the chicken Maryland in a pan with Frylight or in the airfryer until crispy on the outside and cooked perfectly on the inside. I did mine in the Airfryer on a medium heat for about ten minutes.

2. Make the 60g of Mayflower Curry Sauce as directed. 

3. Make two portions of rice according to packet instructions. Use a little bowl to mould the rice in to a fancy dome shape on your plate. This is so easy. Simply fill the little bowl with the cooked rice and cover with a plate. Then flip the plate and slowly remove the bowl which will leave a nice mountain of fluffy rice. It's easy on the eye and similar to the way Wagamama serve it. 

4. Dice your veggies and prepare a salad of your choice as your one third speed food on the plate. 

Each portion is only 4 syns but you could definitely use less sauce and reduce it. The one in Wagamama would set you back 25-30 syns! 

Enjoy! 

                                




Labels: , , , ,